Sunday, July 19, 2009

Charice Pempengco: A Vision of Hope

Logging in to YouTube, mind set only to one search, I listen endlessly to only one voice. A voice that gave me goosebumps and made me teary-eyed, no matter how many times I've heard her sang. It is a voice of an angel in disguise. In moments like these rays of sunshine dominate darkness.

And then, looking back, her life was most likely stripped bare from an empty shell. She grew up not into a whole family, merely depending but on one parent. She survived not dependent on others, but her God-given talent made its way, at least, to put food on the table. At a young age, she had come across with defeat yet bounced back with vengeance. I think of this little girl, so willful, and wonder how she defied the odds. In some ways, hardships became her strength and the will to survive became her key to success.

I think of myself, of supportive family around anytime, of food around the table, of joy found in sorrow. It is more fortunate than what this little girl had endured. In life, indeed, it is true that you will emerge victorious when you brave life with strength, fervor and faith.

Oh, how she sings! I hear the echo even now. And it's louder than words. Her songs echo in my heart - for that is the hope that I carry inside. And the little girl??? CHARICE PEMPENGCO!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete