Saturday, July 11, 2009

Eva Castillo: A Song To Remember



She first caught my attention when I watched Regine Velasquez's "Roots to Riches". She was a nobody when the show started yet look at how life take its course. After the show, she was not left unnoticed. It is not her voice. It is not her persona. It is her life's drama that generated a captive audience. We, Filipinos feel for her struggle. Her pain. Her poverty. Her battle as well as her success and failure. We could identify with her because she represents us. All of us could be Evas. Perhaps that is the reason why she has a growing follower.

When I heard her sang "Minsan ang Minahal ay Ako" (Once I was Loved) on SOP, I really felt the intensity of her emotion. I could feel her pain through the song's lyrics. It is a known fact that she was a singing champ, not more than once defeating Regine Velasquez, the Asia's Songbird. Unconsciously, the song could have hit her hard. It could have hit others, too, who are on the same road she had taken. I want to share with you her song, so like me, you can get some thoughts on life, too.

An aftermath of her performance dawned on me that songs are invented to musically present life in every form. Each lyric has a thought, each melody has an instrument, each song has a lesson and each Eva Castillo is a SONG to remember!!!

1 comment:

  1. in fairness mommy, updated ang blog.. ok naman etong template mo. maganda lay out. wag na palitan. continue mo muna mg update tapos i'll let u know pano kumita online :)

    ReplyDelete